Pages

Wednesday, November 06, 2013

2013 Fiat Abarth: Chicago Tribune Review

"I just didn’t get the Abarth until I took it to the city. By myself. Without my typical suburban anxieties of practicality, versatility and space. 
In the city, at stoplights with narrow gaps to get pole position, in passing situations with a lane blocked by a bus, down alleys used as byways, the Abarth took over. This was not cautious, hypermiling, how my-kids-see-me-driving dad; the Abarth made me gun it off the line, made me see how quickly second gear would cause headlights in the rearview to fade, made me find gaps in traffic like a Manilla motor-scooterist. It was for the job, I swear; I drove like a jerk out of journalistic integrity. 
Forget the functional: The Abarth’s singular purpose was fun."
Robert Duffer, Chicago Tribune


No comments: